FAQs for Community Edition
This topic answers frequently asked questions about the IQ Bot Community Edition.
IQ Bot is a purpose-built cognitive automation that you can train to automate business processes to work fast and efficiently, and also eliminate human error.
Use IQ Bot, and Automation Anywhere Enterprise in conjunction to automate your business processes that rely on semi-structured or unstructured data hidden in electronic documents, images, emails, and other areas. IQ Bot leverages computer vision and multiple Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques to intelligently digitize and extract data to make your Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Optical Character recognition (OCR) technology even more effective. Using this approach IQ Bot can adapt its data extraction from specific domains or document types, and quickly learn from the environment to improve the results.
For the Community Edition, we have made five domains available for use such as: Invoices, Purchase Orders, Bank Statements, Credit Memos, and Utility Bills. IQ Bot uses the OCR technology to extract information from a document. Though OCR tools measure results based on accuracy, IQ Bot uses the Straight Through Processing (STP) technique to measure how many documents can be processed end-to-end without human intervention.
- How does IQ Bot work?
IQ Bot leverages computer vision and multiple AI techniques to intelligently digitize and extract data to make your RPA more effective. IQ Bot uses OCR as one of the underlying technologies used to extract information from a document. This approach allows IQ Bot to adapt the data extraction from specific domains and document types, and quickly learn from the environment to improve results.
- What is a learning instance?
You would create a learning instance for a specific use case that an IQ Bot can learn from. It is domain-specific and has the capability to learn from documents classified and processed by it, and validation corrections performed by humans. This learning is translated to tangible benefits such as: improved STP and accuracy figures for the instance over a period.
- What is the difference between bots and learning instance?
A learning instance consists of training for the business process around a specific document type.
Bots contain training files that were classified by IQ Bot in different groups based on content.
You can activate or deactivate a bot in a learning instance to improve its training; as the learning instances would process documents that match the active bots as others remain in a queue, until that group is trained.
- What is the accuracy rate of IQ Bot?
The most primary metric for IQ Bot is STP. It is dependent on the accuracy of field capture. Field accuracy impacts STP directly.
For example, if a customer captures one to two fields across a Grade A quality document, an accuracy of 86% is achieved. A customer who captures 11 differentially weighted fields across highly-varying document quality would see lower accuracy.
- How does the dashboard help?
The dashboard displays all production information and results that helps us identify how we could improve the training.Note: The production information is not available for the Community Edition.
- What is percent (%) training?
The percent (%) training helps us estimate the STP that is calculated based on the number of bots trained and active bots.
Using IQ Bot Community Edition
- What are the limitations of the Community
Processing Limitations: The user can create up to five learning instances and upload up to 100 documents for each learning instance.
- I have trained the learning instance but cannot see the output.
For each trained group, you can selectto see the output.
- I cannot edit a group as the Edit Bot link is
The Edit Bot link appears disabled when the group is in production or when it is in training in another tab.
- I have completed processing and need to process files in batch mode. How can I
IQ Bot can process files in batch mode when connected to RPA.
- I have to add a new domain that is available in the Bot Store.
Importing domains is not available for the Community Edition.
- I cannot see the results on the dashboard.
The dashboard displays information of processed files that are in production. This option is not available in the Community Edition.
- What is the prerequisite step to creating a learning instance in IQ Bot?
Before you start creating a new learning instance, know what information you want to extract from the documents you would be processing.
It is best practice is to have some sample documents, which you can use as reference to decide what you want to extract. Use them as the first set of documents to train against the new learning instance.
- How many simultaneous documents can be loaded into IQ Bot?
In the Community Edition, IQ Bot accepts up to a limit of 100 documents for each learning instance. The full license would support millions of documents per year that can be uploaded in a queue.
- What is the license requirement for IQ Bot?
Community Edition includes a license for IQ Bot. No user action is required.
- How many tables can I configure to extract in a Bot?
You can configure unlimited number of tables for extraction.
- Can I test a document different than that used for training?
Yes, you can. Use the Preview option to navigate to other documents to verify if training was effective.
- Does IQ Bot learn from user inputs?
IQ Bot learns from the user inputs over time.
For example: If a date is extracted often with an extra character such as spaces and dots between numbers, and the user corrects it a dozen times, IQ Bot would automatically correct the error when it encounters a similar problem the next time.
- How does IQ Bot differ from OCR solutions?
OCR is one of the underlying technologies in IQ Bot but is used only as a first step. IQ Bot is designed for business users, so anyone can start training an IQ Bot after a 3-hour training. The setup costs are 10x lower.
Automation Anywhere is the only vendor that combines the best of RPA solution with cognitive automation to significantly reduce the cost and complexity in automating document-centric processes.
- How many templates do I have to train the IQ Bots on before it is
ready for use?
The training requirement has been kept to a minimum, and in most cases, you are able to get the required value in just one pass.
- What are supported file types for IQ Bot?The following are supported file types:
- PDF (Vector PDF, Raster PDF or Hybrid PDF)
- TIF or TIFF
- JPG or JPEG
- Does IQ Bot support handwritten documents?
No, not yet. Processing handwritten document to achieve high STP is a challenge, but it is part of our roadmap.
- Does IQ Bot support tabular data extraction?
Yes, it does. IQ Bot has advanced table extraction features to support complex use cases such as: Explanation of Benefits.
- What are supported languages for IQ Bots?IQ Bot supports the following languages out of box:
- Additionally, it also supports over 25+ languages including all Latin scripts.
- Does IQ Bot support documents other than invoices?
Yes, IQ Bot supports a variety of domains, and you can also easily add new domains. You can also create a custom domain when you select the value Other from the domain drop-down list.The following domains are available in the Community Edition:
Note: You can select the required domain when you create a learning instance.
- Purchase orders
- Bank statements
- Credit Memo
- Utility bills
- Does IQ Bot support documents with multiple color text?
Yes, but this is true for darker shades of color only.
- Can I remove the default (pre-loaded) sample document for training and replace
it with another from the group in a Bot?
Yes. If the default training document on the Train tab reflects all documents in that group, you can remove that document from the Train tab and upload a different one from the same group, and train it.
- Can I stop document analysis or processing in between?
No, you cannot stop a document analysis or processing mid-way.
- What is the maximum number of learning instances I can create? What is the
maximum number that can simultaneously exist in the system at once?
The Community edition is limited to five learning instances. The Automation Anywhere Enterprise version has no such limitations.
- Is there a restriction to the number of characters for naming a learning
You cannot exceed 50 characters when naming a learning instance.
- What is the average time to process a single page document? Is the time
dependent on the complexity of the page?There is no fixed time for processing a single page document as this depends on the following factors:
- CPU strength and availability
- Available free RAM
- Page clarity OR noise level
- Data on page
- Can I process MS Excel invoices using IQ Bot?
If the invoices have a standard format, they can be processed using RPA tasks. In case the Excel formats vary, they need to be converted to PDFs, so they can be processed in IQ Bot.