A single-node deployment hosts the Control Room only on one server or machine.
A single-node deployment can be used for proof-of-concepts, demos, testing, and trial runs.
We do not recommend the use of single-node deployment for production as it might impact RPA operations and business continuity because of the following reasons:
- No disaster recovery (single point of failure) - If the single node fails, RPA operation will be adversely impacted.
- No high availability - If the server is taken offline for upgrades or maintenance, RPA operations will be impacted.
- No RPA up-scaling - When RPA deployments scale up and users increase, the single node will have to manage the increased load. This might adversely affect the RPA performance.
The primary advantages of single-node deployments include:
- Quick and easy installation and setup
- Additional servers are not required.
- Load balancers and clustering configuration are not required