Using Document Extraction action
Use the Document Extraction action to process documents using TaskBots created in the Control Room.
Create a bot, and then use the action to process your documents and extract data from the production-document fields and tables.
This action extracts documents using IQ Bot with Auto-extraction.
On the left pane, click Automation.
A list of available bots and forms is displayed.
- Click Create a bot.
- In the Create Task Bot window, enter a name and click Create & edit.
- The bot designer window appears.
- In the IQ Bot to display the available actions. column, search for
- Drag the action into your workflow.
- In the Input File Path field, use Browse to navigate to the file you want to process.
From the drop-down list, select your learning instance.
Recommendation: Do not use the Learning Instance configuration file option because this is used for backward-compatibility only and will be deprecated in upcoming versions of the product.
In the Assign the status to the output variable field,
select prompt-assignment – String from the drop-down
The action response code is saved in the provided variable.
Drag the Message box
action to display results in the message box. Define the message
you want to see displayed in the message box.
- Click the Insert a value (F2) icon in the Enter the message to display field.
- In the Insert a value dialog box, select prompt-assignment - String from the drop-down list and click Yes, insert.
- Click Save and then click Run to run the bot.